Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Chapter V, where Adele comes back to life

It's really stunning how not being able to show up often makes you live in silence as if you are hibernating. It's summer here. You might think it's winter for I supposedly live in New York, but it's not. It's summer. No sunshine today. Clouds everywhere. The person I live inside is now trying to get her life back on track by singing John Denver's songs. They're supposed to make her feel better. So now she tries hard to believe that sunshine on her shoulders is just what it takes to make her feel happy.
I guess she does. Feel better I mean. If she didn't, I wouldn't be writing again. The dog is on my lap, calmly sleeping. She's warm and my legs are somewhat numb because of the weight. But it feels good. To have this little creature wagging her tail every time I come home. It's welcoming. I like to feel welcomed.

I should probably get a cup of tea now. Jasmine. It's something double and I share. We both love jasmine. Flower, scent, tea, flavor. Sometimes I regret she didn't learn British English instead of American. I'd write flavour and that would be absolutely charming. If you have to buy me flowers some day, please buy me jasmine flowers. Or a pillow stuffed with dried flowers. It'd be nice to fall asleep imagining I'm somewhere else where flowers grow wildly and the air goes inside me bringing the scent of peace.