Friday, February 18, 2005

Chapter VIII, in which Adele asks herself what the hell

There are new questions popping out every second. Some of them are actually old and dwell in most anyone's minds. The same questions are asked over and over again and everyone's got an answer. I like to think answers are only temporary. To tell you the truth, I'm quite sure answers are only temporary. Take scientists for example. They're clever enough to defy scientific laws. One day even gravity might be defied. I'm not saying I wouldn't be shocked or at least amazed if that happened, if we're stuck on Earth because there's glue on our shoes or under our feet.

I know this woman who would doubt the existence of dinosaurs. She wondered whether fossils were only fake evidence of life on Earth. Of course she truly believed Earth was created in seven days, when G. made the animals and placed them here. But that's just a (pleonastic) minor detail.

I'm only saying there's always room for doubt. That's all. And it sucks and it's beautiful.