Friday, March 25, 2005

Chapter XIV - Adele's always amazed by the beauty of Roman Numbers

I wonder if someday this will have its MCLIVV entry. Double can't post in her blog - something to do with Apache but both of us have no idea what it is. So maybe, just maybe, her blog will be there, frozen, as if she had stopped in time. People might think she's traveled some place with no internet connection or died. So this is it. Good bye.

Went out for dinner with friends last night. I was kinda blue and couldn't shake off the whole "I wish I had a river I could skate away on" feeling. I really had to make an effort and fight every cell in my body that kept telling me to stay home and warm. So I just put my gloves on, took my favorite scarf, rubbed my ears as trying to encourage myself and walked out the door. Noelle kept looking at me from the couch. I hate when she gives me that look, you know, please stay. If there was a certain man there, I would have.

Never mind.

I was early and had to wait alone by the counter of the bar contiguous to the dining area. I noticed the bartender was really cute as I asked him for a drink. 'Something that makes me forget', I told him and his reply was he sure didn't want to forget about me. I smiled at him and turned my back at him. I'm not good at these things, you know.

I was laughing more than I usually do. It was a friend's birthday, got her a Diana Krall album. Not sure if she liked it, but I only give presents I myself would like to get. I got a little drunk and I only noticed this when this woman spilled Coke all over my shoes - great! it's great to get wet when we have this kind of weather outside - and I had to run to the restroom to clean up the mess. She grabbed my wrist and apologized again and again. I said it was ok and I'd never say it was ok. I even held her hand. I got a little drunk yesterday night.